Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Johns Hopkins University

 Organization

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

Conrad Gebelein papers

 Collection
Identifier: MS-0458
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence, two scrapbooks and other ephemeral material related to Gebelein's association with the Johns Hopkins University.

Johns Hopkins University assorted sheet music collection

 Collection
Identifier: MS-MUS-058
Scope and Contents This is an artifically assembled collection with sheet music from various origins. Accruals in this collection are selected by the curators of Special Collections or donated by patrons. See component levels for more information about the items in this collection.

Johns Hopkins University Band records

 Collection
Identifier: RG-14-100
Overview Originally a military band founded in 1921 by Conrad Gebelein, The Johns Hopkins University Band is the oldest and longest-running instrumental group on the Homewood campus. The records primarily include sheet music (with the handwriting of Conrad Gebelein) and publicity fliers, advertising the events of the band. The materials span 1960 to 2014.

Johns Hopkins University Black Americana collection

 Collection
Identifier: MS-0672
Overview The Johns Hopkins University Black Americana collection is an artificially assembled collection of materials purchased and selected by the curators of Special Collections. It spans from the 18th to 20th century. The collection includes printed material, diaries, legal documents, photographs, postcards, and other items related to African American experiences, real and caricatured.

Johns Hopkins University Langston Hughes collection

 Collection
Identifier: MS-0799
Overview This is an artificially assembled collection of printed manuscript materials selected by the curators of Special Collections, centered on the musical, theatrical, and public speaking careers of Langston Hughes. Hughes was an American poet, novelist, playwright, columnist, social thinker and activist, and leading figure in New York City's Harlem Renaissance. The collection spans from 1927 to 1999, with the bulk of it dating from 1936 to 1967.