Skip to main content

Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church minute book

 Item — Box: 1 [31151030070803]
Identifier: MS-0563
Manuscript minute book kept by Baltimore, Maryland's Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church's Board of Trustees from 1865 (8 years after building started) to the church's closing in 1927.

Dates

  • 1865-1927

Creator

Conditions Governing Use

Single copies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions. It is not necessary to seek our permission as the owner of the physical work to publish or otherwise use public domain materials that we have made available for use, unless Johns Hopkins University holds the copyright.

Extent

0.167 Cubic Feet (1 volume)

Biographical / Historical

Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, now known as Douglas Memorial Community Church, is a historic Methodist Episcopal church located in Baltimore, Maryland. It is a brick, Greek Revival, temple-fronted structure featuring four fluted Corinthian columns and built 1857-1858. The rear addition is a two-story Colonial Revival style wing dating from about 1900.

Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.

Custodial History

The volume was purchased in November, 2010.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

This collection was purchased in November 2010.

Processing Information

Finding aid prepared by Kelly Spring on 23 May 2011.

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections Repository

Contact:
The Sheridan Libraries
Special Collections
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA