R. Champlin "Champ" Sheridan Jr. (1930-2013) was the founder of a leading scientific, technical and trade printing company, and a major benefactor of the Johns Hopkins University. Sheridan earned a bachelor's degree from Hopkins in 1952, and in 1990 with his wife Beverly "Debbie" Ann Gold, pledged $2.5 million, in part to endow the directorship of the Milton S. Eisenhower Library at the Homewood campus of Johns Hopkins. In 1994, the couple made a $20 million commitment to nearly double the library's endowment and support renovations there. In honor of their generosity, the university in 1998 collectively rechristened the Eisenhower Library and its satellite collections at the Albert D. Hutzler Reading Room, the John Work Garrett Library at Evergreen Museum and Library, the George Peabody Library and the Brody Learning Library, as "The Sheridan Libraries."
Sheridan passed away in 2013 at the age of 83.