Student life (university function)
Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 34 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The Jewish Students Association was founded in 1955 to provide social, cultural and religious programs for Jewish students on the Hopkins campus. The records of the Jewish Students Association (JSA) span the period 1976 to 1983, including posters, letters, the JSA newsletter and schedules of activities, correspondence, press releases, some financial information, newspaper clippings, information on the search for a campus rabbi, as well as broadsides and posters.
Overview Originally a military band founded in 1921 by Conrad Gebelein, The Johns Hopkins University Band is the oldest and longest-running instrumental group on the Homewood campus. The records primarily include sheet music (with the handwriting of Conrad Gebelein) and publicity fliers, advertising the events of the band. The materials span 1960 to 2014.
Overview This is an artificially assembled collection of oral histories recorded with administration, faculty, staff, alumni, students, and other Johns Hopkins University affiliates, 1999-2004 and 2014-present. The early oral history interviews were faciliated by Mame Warren starting 1999, and as of 2014 by Hopkins Retrospective.
Collection — Box 1: 
Overview Collection consists of notes of Louis J. Clark, a student at Johns Hopkins University, taken while he was in a course taught by Woodrow Wilson in January 1893.
Collection — Box 1: 
Overview The Maya Society of Johns Hopkins University was responsible for publishing the Maya Society Quarterly. This periodical aimed to "stimulate research into the languages, history and culture of the Maya." This collection contains three issues of the Maya Society Quarterly, dated December 1931, March 1932, and June 1932.
Overview Phi Delta Kappa was both a social and a professional fraternity, focusing on education. The fraternity was most active during the 1940s, although it continued into the 1970s. The records of Phi Delta Kappa, Alpha Rho Chapter, are quite sparse, covering only the years 1944 to 1947, and 1971. The records are mostly in the form of newsletters, although a few circular letters and one candidates' list have survived.
Overview The Johns Hopkins chapter of Pi Lambda Theta was founded around 1926 by Florence Bamberger, the first woman promoted to the rank of full professor in the Department of Education at Hopkins. Although it began as a women's organization, Pi Lambda Theta began admitting men in 1974 following ratification of an amendment by the national organization's executive committee. Covering the period from 1925 to 1988, the records include membership and scholarship records, financial records, and minutes of...