Skip to main content

Johns Hopkins University

 Corporate Entity

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Francese Hubbard Litchfield Turnbull papers

 Collection
Identifier: MS-0229
Scope and Contents This small collection gives a glimpse of the literary life of Baltimore in the late nineteenth century. Francese Turnbull was an author and patron of the arts. This collection is not her complete papers but deals with two of her interests: the patronage of Sidney Lanier and her membership in the Woman's Literary Club of Baltimore. The material on Lanier briefly describes the Turnbull's friendship with Sidney and Mary Day Lanier and details some of the activities the...

Homewood Photography records

 Collection
Identifier: COLL-0011
Overview Johns Hopkins Homewood Photography is a full-service, on-campus resource for professional photography and photographic services, which provides editorial and news photography, portraits, and research photography for Johns Hopkins University clients on the Homewood campus and beyond. The Homewood Photography records contain 35mm and 120mm photographic negatives with the bulk dating from 1990 to 2004, and born-digital photographs dating from 2004 to 2010.

Tudor and Stuart Club records

 Collection
Identifier: RG-15-100
Overview The formation of the Tudor and Stuart Club was initiated by Sir William Osler and his wife, Lady Grace Osler. Their intention to provide an endowment for these activities was expressed in a letter to Johns Hopkins University President Frank J. Goodnow, dated October 30, 1918. Their endowment provided not only interest bearing securities for the book purchasing and other operations of the Club, it also contributed to their son Edward Revere Osler's personal book collection, about 800 volumes, as...

Woman's Club of The Johns Hopkins University records

 Collection
Identifier: RG-15-130
Overview The collection spans 1950-2010. In 1930, Mrs. Mary Willard Berry, wife of Dean Edward Berry presided over the first organizational meeting of the "Women's Faculty Club," founded by request of President Joseph S. Ames to "promote social contacts among the members." Although the records of the Woman's Club of The Johns Hopkins University span the years 1939 to 1985, they consist primarily of minutes of the group's meetings from 1939 to 1980. There are also directories of club members and by-laws...