Johns Hopkins University
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Jose Robles Pazos was a Spanish academic and left-wing activist who was born in 1897 and died in 1937. The collection includes administrative records concerning José Robles Pazos' career at Johns Hopkins University, and a letter from Michael Gold. The date ranges from approximately 1920-1930.
Overview Formed in 1911 at the suggestion of the Athletic Board, the Student Council at first tackled small problems such as the supervision of Freshman Class Elections and the securing of non-fraternity representation on the Cotillion Board. By the mid-1970s, the Student Council adopted its present form: equal representation for all classes, election of the Executive Board at large and the structure of the standing and independent committees. The record group includes minutes, correspondence,...
Overview One of the first Hopkins student organizations, the Matriculate Society, was formed in 1883 to "foster the interests and promote the unity of the undergraduates." Since then, well over 150 student organizations have been established, most with similar goals; many have disbanded after a short period of time, while others have endured for as long as one hundred years. Types of records vary widely from organization to organization; many include membership lists, posters or announcements, while...
Overview The formation of the Tudor and Stuart Club was initiated by Sir William Osler and his wife, Lady Grace Osler. Their intention to provide an endowment for these activities was expressed in a letter to Johns Hopkins University President Frank J. Goodnow, dated October 30, 1918. Their endowment provided not only interest bearing securities for the book purchasing and other operations of the Club, it also contributed to their son Edward Revere Osler's personal book collection, about 800 volumes, as...
Overview The collection spans 1950-2010. In 1930, Mrs. Mary Willard Berry, wife of Dean Edward Berry presided over the first organizational meeting of the "Women's Faculty Club," founded by request of President Joseph S. Ames to "promote social contacts among the members." Although the records of the Woman's Club of The Johns Hopkins University span the years 1939 to 1985, they consist primarily of minutes of the group's meetings from 1939 to 1980. There are also directories of club members and by-laws...