Johns Hopkins University Library Acquisitions department records
This collection contains administrative files related to the operation of the Acquisitions Department within the Milton S. Eisenhower Library, Sheridan Libraries, at Johns Hopkins University dating from 1876 to 1997. Materials include correspondence, subject files, shelflists, records and acknowledgement of gifts, and other information concerning the day-today operations of a library acquisitions department.
- Creation: 1876-1997
- Johns Hopkins University. Sheridan Libraries (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed off-site and requires 48-hours' notice for retrieval. Please contact Special Collections for more information.
All collections are closed except to office of origin or original owner until processed. University records are closed for 25 years from the point of creation.
Conditions Governing Use
Single copies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions. It is not necessary to seek our permission as the owner of the physical work to publish or otherwise use public domain materials that we have made available for use, unless Johns Hopkins University holds the copyright.
30 Cubic Feet (6 record center cartons, 16 letter size document boxes, 2 letter half-size document boxes, 1 flat boxes (25 x 21 x 3 inches), 8 oversize boxes (19 x 13 x 6 inches), 3 oversize boxes (25 x 19 x 10 inches))
Language of Materials
The Library Acquisitions records are divided into 5 Sub-Groups and are arranges as follows: 1. Additions, 1876-1974 2. Library Exchanges, 1881-1974 3. Serials, 1876-1980 4. Library Gifts Program, 1964-1997 5. Associate Director for Technical Services, 1956-1991
- Johns Hopkins University Library Acquisitions department records
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Special Collections Repository
The Sheridan Libraries
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA