Chile solidarity movement ephemera
A collection of material produced by the Chile solidarity movement in the U.S. following the 1973 CIA-backed military coup that replaced Salvador Allende’s Unidad Popular government with a military dictatorship led by General Augusto Pinochet. The majority of items come from the Washington, DC chapter of Non-Intervention in Chile (NICH) and the National Coordinating Center in Solidarity with Chile. Materials contain flyers, newsletters, pamphlets, and press clippings.
- Creation: 1970s
- Non-Intervention in Chile (Organization) (Organization)
- National Coordinating Committee in Solidarity with Chile (Organization)
- Chicago Committee to Save Lives in Chile (Organization)
- Common Front for Latin America (Organization)
- Emergency Committee for Disappeared Chileans (Organization)
- National Council of Churches (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed off-site and requires 48-hours' notice for retrieval. Contact Special Collections for more information.
Conditions Governing Use
Single copies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions. It is not necessary to seek our permission as the owner of the physical work to publish or otherwise use public domain materials that we have made available for use, unless Johns Hopkins University holds the copyright.
0.24 Cubic Feet (1 legal half box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from D. Anthem in July 2021 and March 2022.
Accessions 2021-22.MS.024 and 2021-22.MS.082.
This collection was processed in October 2023 by Jenelle Clark and Kristen Diehl.
- Guide to the Chile solidarity movement ephemera
- Kristen Diehl and Jenelle Clark
- 2023 October
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Special Collections Repository
The Sheridan Libraries
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA