Robert Roberts Hitt papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of letters addressed to Congressman Robert Roberts Hitt from various government officials. Many of the letters related to Hitt's work with the Committee on Foreign Affairs.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed off-site and requires 48-hours' notice for retrieval. Please contact Special Collections for more information.
Collection is open for use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single copies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions. It is not necessary to seek our permission as the owner of the physical work to publish or otherwise use public domain materials that we have made available for use, unless Johns Hopkins University holds the copyright.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Roberts Hitt (January 16, 1834 – September 20, 1906) was an Assistant Secretary of State and later a member of the United States House of Representatives.
0.167 Cubic Feet (0.5 document case)
Language of Materials
The letters are arranged in alphabetical order by correspondent.
Finding aid written by Carroll Beecheno.
- Carrington, Henry Beebee, 1824-1912
- Christy, Robert
- Detmold, Christian Edward, 1810-1887
- Foster, John Watson, 1836-1917
- Hitt, Robert R. (Robert Roberts), 1834-1906
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, 1850-1924
- Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow, 1861-1948
- Roosevelt, Théodore, 1858-1919
- Smith, George Adam, 1856-1942
- United States
- Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922
- Robert Roberts Hitt papers
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Special Collections Repository
The Sheridan Libraries
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA