Charles Center Oral History collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of oral history tapes, transcripts, research materials, and exhibit materials that were gathered for a 2005 exhibit on the development of Charles Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Creation: 2005
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed off-site and requires 48-hours' notice for retrieval. Please contact Special Collections for more information.
Access to the interviews in this collection is governed by the release forms signed by each oral history subject, which are filed with the oral history transcript. Please consult the appropriate oral history file for more information about restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Single copies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions. It is not necessary to seek our permission as the owner of the physical work to publish or otherwise use public domain materials that we have made available for use, unless Johns Hopkins University holds the copyright.
Charles Center was one of the first urban redevelopment projects in Baltimore. It set the stage for the revitalization of downtown Baltimore in the 1970s and beyond.
In 2005, Mame Warren was commissioned to develop an exhibit documenting the history of the development of Charles Center.
1.52 Cubic Feet (8 letter half-size document boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection consists of oral history interviews, transcripts, research materials, and exhibit materials that were gathered for an early 21st century exhibit on the development of Charles Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
The collection was donated to the university in 2006 by Mame Warren
Finding aid prepared by Margaret Burri in January 2008.
- Johns Hopkins University (Organization)
- Charles Center (Baltimore, Md.) (Organization)
- Wallace, David A. (Person)
- Bonnell, Barbara (Person)
- Millspaugh, Martin L., Jr. (Person)
- Angelos, Peter G., 1929- (Person)
- Cooper, Harry B. (Person)
- Kostritsky, George, 1922- (Person)
- Lamb, Charles, 1926- (Person)
- Potts, William, Landscape architect (Person)
- Sickler, Donald, 1929- (Person)
- Charles Center Oral History collection
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the Special Collections Repository
The Sheridan Libraries
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA