Contains 19 Results:
Ralph Waldo Emerson (May 25, 1803 – April 27, 1882) was an American essayist, lecturer, and poet who led the Transcendentalist movement of the mid-19th century. The collection consists of letters from American essayist and poet, Ralph Waldo Emerson to John Boynton and George B. Coale.
The collection consists of a letter from Charles-Francois Lebrun (1739-1824) to Napoleon, dated March 7, 1813; and a letter from Napoleon's secretary, Claude Francois Meneval to Baron Mounier, dated April 28, 1813 collected by Charles Estes.
The collection consists of one letter and one manuscript, both written by the Scottish philosopher, Adam Ferguson.
John H. Finley was a journalist and educator who received his M.A. in history from Johns Hopkins University in 1890. The collection consists of a two page typescript letter signed by John H. Finley regarding Ground Under Our Feet, Richard T. Ely's autobiography, dated 1938.
J.M.T. Finney (1863-1942) was a Baltimore surgeon. The collection is a letter from J.M.T. Finney to Joseph Ackerman in which Finney thanks Ackerman for his letter telling Finney how much he enjoyed reading Finney's book, A Surgeon's Life. The letter is dated 1940, the same year the book was published.
Gustave Flaubert (1821 – 1880) was a French novelist. The collection consists of a letter from Flaubert, and a translation of the letter, in which Flaubert declines a luncheon date. Date unknown. Supporting documentation is also included, dating from 1912.
Abraham Flexner graduated from Johns Hopkins in 1886. The collection consists of one letter, Flexner to Miss Cole, September 14, 1943, telling her that he still working on his biography of Daniel Coit Gilman; one copy of Field and Work of the Squibb Institute, November 1938; one card signed by F.J. Furnivall.
The collection consists of one indenture between Peter Folliott and Arthur Bryan, dated August 6, 1783.
Joseph C. W. Frazer was a professor of Chemistry at Johns Hopkins. The collection consists of two photomechanical duplicating plates for the bookplate for the Frazer collection, and for a description of the "Frazer Shelf" established in his honor by the Johns Hopkins Chemistry Department in 1944.