Showing Collections: 111 - 120 of 120
Walter Spencer Huffman was a composer and music teacher who studied and served on the faculty of the Peabody Conservatory of Music in the 1940s and 1950s. From 1955 until his death in 2005, Huffman taught music privately in Maryland and continued to compose. The collection consists of holograph scores of approximately 150 works, including chamber music, symphonies, and choral music.
William A. Chrystal was a pianist, composer, arranger, and conductor based in the Pittsburgh area for most of his career. He attended the Peabody Conservatory in the 1950s and earned degrees in piano performance. The William A. Chrystal papers contain music manuscripts, programs, clippings, professional documents, and sound recordings.
William F. Lucas and family owned the Lucas Bros. printing and stationery business in Baltimore in the 19th century. The Lucas family papers include correspondence, diaries, financial documents, photographs, and scrapbooks relating to the family and their business, including writing books by William F. Lucas' daughter, Bertha E. Lucas, and papers related to William's brother, art collector George A. Lucas.
William Frick was a poet, lawyer, Maryland state senator, and city court judge, and associate judge of the Court of Appeals, and was elected first judge of the Superior Court of Baltimore city in 1851. His papers date from 1833 to 1846 and include correspondence with colleagues in the fields of law and politics, publications, photographs, clippings, and invitations.
Correspondence, publications, writings, photographs, and other personal papers of William Hand Browne, an early Johns Hopkins University librarian and English Professor, a life-long resident of the Baltimore area, and a Confederate sympathizer who helped promote the racism of the "Lost Cause" mythology in the years following the American Civil War.
William Wallace Whitelock, poet and author, was born in Mt. Washington, Maryland in 1869. The papers consist of four, bound scrapbooks and fourteen notebooks dating from 1885-1939.
The Women Composers Orchestra operated in Baltimore from 1985 to 1995 with the mission to perform compositions of women composers both past and present. The collection primarily consists of the organization's administrative documents.