Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection consists of bookplates currently in use in the Milton S. Eisenhower Library, The Johns Hopkins University. Labels, previously used in an exhibit of the bookplates, are also included and provide descriptive information.
A collection of about 1,000 20th century postcards, chiefly depicting libraries but also featuring about 100 postcards depicting scenes related to book reading, bookselling, and book collecting. The collection was named in honor of Charlotte Tufts, the librarian and deltiologist who created the collection.
Don Swann, Jr. is a graduate of Princeton University in Art and Archaeology, attended the Maryland Institute College of Art and Johns Hopkins University and studied with his father for four years. He has completed almost three dozen etchings of his own. He will carry on the organization of the Ethcrafters Art Guild which was founded by his father. This collection includes a limited edition, signed etching of MIlton S. Eisenhower Library, created by Don Swann, Jr. after 1974.
George Charles Keidel (1868-1942) was associate professor of Romance Languages at Johns Hopkins University and was later a librarian at the Library of Congress. The collection spans the years 1899-1935 and consists largely of Prefessor Keidel's lectures and writings on romance paleography. Some material is in French.
This collection relates to the donation of Margaret B. Wilson’s personal library after her death in 1945. Helen H. Tanzer was the executor of Wilson’s will. The materials consist of Tanzer’s correspondence, book checklists, shipping receipts for the books, income tax information, and a news clipping.
The records of the Johns Hopkins University Library document different aspects of the Library's functions from 1874, when the Trustees of the University began to purchase books, through 1997.
The Library Auxiliary Groups early records begin in 1879. This collection includes records of the Library Committee; Friends of the Library; and Library Staff Association.