Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 62
Aleine Austin was historian and author born in New York City, July 19, 1922. The papers, dating from 1940 to 1991, consist of student notes, lecture notes, published articles, manuscript notes, recordings, photographs, correspondence, and a selection of papers that document Aleine Austin's interest and work in the American labor movement.
Benjamin Silliman and Benjamin Silliman, Jr. were both 19th century American chemists and original members of the National Academy of Sciences. The collection spans the years 1816-1871 and consists of 28 autograph letters from both Benjamin Silliman and Benjamin Silliman, Jr., and one eulogy of Benjamin Silliman.
Broadus Mitchell was an educator, historian, and biographer of Alexander Hamilton. Mitchell taught economics at Hopkins, 1919-1939, and was active in political affairs and issues of social justice in Baltimore. The collection consists of some papers related to Broadus Mitchell's research for his published work, William Gregg, Factory Master of the Old South, (1928) and Mitchell's biographical materials. The papers span from 1928 to 1929 and 1979-1986.
Charles Grove Haines was a Professor of Diplomatic History born in Abbottstown, Pennsylvania December 10, 1906. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence and subject files dating to Haines's time as the Director of the Bologna Center at the School of Advanced International Studies dating from 1970-1976. Some personal items are also included.
Charles Southward Singleton (1909-1985) was professor of Hispanic and Italian studies at The Johns Hopkins University. Collection is largely research notes dealing with Singleton's later work with some correspondence, family photographs, and awards.
This collection consists of letters and papers of Charles William Emil Miller, professor of Greek at The Johns Hopkins University.
The collection consists of correspondence, manuscript notes, reports, meteorological observations, reprints, drawings, and lecture notes of astronomer and meterologist, Cleveland Abbe, dating from 1851 to 1952.