minutes (administrative records)
Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 30 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Records documenting activities of the Board of Trustees of the Peabody Institute. Includes: 12 volumes and several additional folders of recorded minutes of board meetings (1857-1985); Treasurer's reports (1867-1969); Provost's reports (1869-1912); Executive Secretary's reports (1912-45); miscellaneous general records and correspondence; records of the Offices of the President (1859-1970), Vice-President (1876-1905), Secretary (1860-1922), and Treasurer (1857-1941), the bulk of the latter...
Overview The position of Peabody Institute executive secretary existed from 1911 to 1941 and was a successor to the provost, who served under the trustees' executive committee. Records in this collection include the following: correspondence concerning Gallery of Art exhibitions (1911-1928), including an exhibition in conjunction with the National Star Spangled Banner Centennial exhibition in 1914; correspondence concerning the Rinehart School of Sculpture of the Maryland Institute; minutes of Executive...
Overview The Roland Park Company was incorporated in 1891 in Baltimore, Maryland, and was known primarily as the developer of the Baltimore neighborhoods of Roland Park, Guilford, Homeland, and Original Northwood. The records date from 1865-1970 (bulk 1891-1960), and consist primarily of correspondence, including every day activities, sales, and management of land and resources. The collection also contains the governance and operational records of the Roland Park parent company and its subsidiaries;...
Overview The Scientific Association of the Johns Hopkins University was originally organized by Professor Ira Remsen on October 24, 1877 "for the purpose of keeping those connected with one of the departments (then mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology) informed as to the work being done in kindred subjects." The records of the Scientific Association of the Johns Hopkins University comprise the minutes of the Society from its inception in October 1877, to October 1919, bound in one volume.
Overview Formed in 1911 at the suggestion of the Athletic Board, the Student Council at first tackled small problems such as the supervision of Freshman Class Elections and the securing of non-fraternity representation on the Cotillion Board. By the mid-1970s, the Student Council adopted its present form: equal representation for all classes, election of the Executive Board at large and the structure of the standing and independent committees. The record group includes minutes, correspondence,...
Overview One of the first Hopkins student organizations, the Matriculate Society, was formed in 1883 to "foster the interests and promote the unity of the undergraduates." Since then, well over 150 student organizations have been established, most with similar goals; many have disbanded after a short period of time, while others have endured for as long as one hundred years. Types of records vary widely from organization to organization; many include membership lists, posters or announcements, while...
Overview The American Association of University Professors was founded in 1913. The Records of the Johns Hopkins Chapter of the American Association of University Professors range in date from 1916 to 1956. They are by no means complete. There are no records at all dating between 1940 and 1953. The record group consists of three files, containing minutes of meetings, correspondence, membership lists, treasurer's reports, circular letters, invitations, and notices of election results, by laws, membership...
Overview The formation of the Tudor and Stuart Club was initiated by Sir William Osler and his wife, Lady Grace Osler. Their intention to provide an endowment for these activities was expressed in a letter to Johns Hopkins University President Frank J. Goodnow, dated October 30, 1918. Their endowment provided not only interest bearing securities for the book purchasing and other operations of the Club, it also contributed to their son Edward Revere Osler's personal book collection, about 800 volumes, as...
Overview The collection spans 1950-2010. In 1930, Mrs. Mary Willard Berry, wife of Dean Edward Berry presided over the first organizational meeting of the "Women's Faculty Club," founded by request of President Joseph S. Ames to "promote social contacts among the members." Although the records of the Woman's Club of The Johns Hopkins University span the years 1939 to 1985, they consist primarily of minutes of the group's meetings from 1939 to 1980. There are also directories of club members and by-laws...