Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 28 Collections and/or Records:
Item — Box 1: [Barcode: 31151030070803]
Scope and Contents Manuscript minute book kept by Baltimore, Maryland's Madison Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church's Board of Trustees from 1865 (8 years after building started) to the church's closing in 1927.
Overview Records documenting activities of the Board of Trustees of the Peabody Institute. Includes: 12 volumes and several additional folders of recorded minutes of board meetings (1857-1985); Treasurer's reports (1867-1969); Provost's reports (1869-1912); Executive Secretary's reports (1912-45); miscellaneous general records and correspondence; records of the Offices of the President (1859-1970), Vice-President (1876-1905), Secretary (1860-1922), and Treasurer (1857-1941), the bulk of the latter...
Overview The Peabody Institute was founded in 1857 by George Peabody, whose founding letter was published the same year. Beginning in 1866, the institute began publishing circulars, annual reports, and organizational documents with vital information about the Conservatory, the library, the art gallery, and the lecture series. In 1904, the Conservatory of Music began publishing its first serial. This collection contains primarily publications created by the Peabody Institute for external communications,...
Overview This collection contains the personal papers of Randolph S. Rothschild from 1930 to 2005 and the administrative records of the Chamber Music Society (CMS) of Baltimore from its founding in 1949 to its dissolution in 1997, for which Rothschild served as an executive for most of its existence. The CMS records include administrative documents, concert programs, publicity materials, and clippings related to its programming, which regularly featured commissions and other new music. Rothschild's...
Overview The records of the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences cover the administrative functions of the department from 1933 to 1993 (bulk of the files from 1951-1993). The records include departmental correspondence, committee files, subject files, memoranda, and policy statements.
Overview The Theater Chamber Players, founded by Peabody Institute faculty members Dina Koston and Leon Fleisher, were a chamber music ensemble that featured 20th-century music and was based primarily in Washington, D.C., from 1968 to 2003. The TCP records include administrative and business documents, correspondence, working files, concert programs, publicity material, photographs, recordings, scores, and reference material.
Overview The Women Composers Orchestra operated in Baltimore from 1985 to 1995 with the mission to perform compositions of women composers both past and present. The collection primarily consists of the organization's administrative documents.