Found in 98 Collections and/or Records:
H.E. Crook of Baltimore, Maryland was a construction company, dealing primarily in heating and ventilation, that was in operation from the early 1920s to the mid-1940s, approximately. This collection includes three manuscript business ledgers, from 1924 to 1945, kept by the firm. The volumes are thick folios, bound in 3/4 calf over cloth, totaling 1,800 pages.
Johns Hopkins Homewood Photography is a full-service, on-campus resource for professional photography and photographic services, which provides editorial and news photography, portraits, and research photography for Johns Hopkins University clients on the Homewood campus and beyond. The Homewood Photography records contain 35mm and 120mm photographic negatives with the bulk dating from 1990 to 2004, and born-digital photographs dating from 2004 to 2010.
Hopkins Spectator (renamed Homewood Spectator in May 1992) was a Johns Hopkins University student publication funded by the Johns Hopkins College Republicans. This collection consists of issues from 1988-1995.
This collection consists of Hugh Hawkins including a two volume typescript of Hawkins' published work Pioneer : a history of the Johns Hopkins University, 1874-1899 and other material, including correspondence and photographs.
The Goodwillie family came to Baltimore, Maryland from Cleveland, Ohio in 1898. The scrapbook which forms this collection consistly mostly of newspaper clippings relating to the family from the 1890s to 1919.
This collection contains lectures, speeches and writings; reprints; book manuscripts; and the conference papers of John G. A. Pocock, a historian of political thought and professor emeritus at Johns Hopkins University. His papers spans the years of 1962 to 2017, with the majority of the materials dating from Pocock's time at Hopkins. This holding notably includes his handwritten manuscripts of Barbarism and Religion (1999).
John McGill was a lawyer in Urbana, Virginia (in Middlesex County), and flourished between 1827 and 1848. The collection consists of incoming letters, financial records, records of the William Shepherd estate, and J. Hopkins Brothers and Company records all ranging in date from 1827 to 1849. The bulk of the incoming letters are from Baltimore merchants.