Johns Hopkins University facilities management records
Scope and Contents
These are the processed records relating to the function of facilities management at Johns Hopkins University. The records primarily include files of real estate purchases, renovations, reports, and letters. Another bulk of the records includes the files of the Shriver Hall Murals, including research, letters with the artists, and data regarding the founding classes and persons involved with the university's early history. The records range from 1937 to 1971.
- Johns Hopkins University. Facilities Management (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed off-site and requires 48-hours' notice for retrieval. Please contact Special Collections for more information.
Collection is open for use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single copies may be made for research purposes. Researchers are responsible for determining any copyright questions. It is not necessary to seek our permission as the owner of the physical work to publish or otherwise use public domain materials that we have made available for use, unless Johns Hopkins University holds the copyright.
Biographical / Historical
The function of facilities management at Johns Hopkins University was carried out by what was known as the Buildings and Grounds unit, a precursor to Johns Hopkins University Facilities and Real Estate (JFRE). JFRE has also been known colloquially as Facilities Management. JHFRE provides full support services for the Johns Hopkins Univeristy's Homewood campus, as well as planning, design, construction, and property management for the Peabody Institute, Carey Business School, School of Nursing, Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Montgomery County, Nanjing and Bologna campuses.
1.71 Cubic Feet (4 full-sized letter document boxes, 1 half-sized letter document box)
Language of Materials
Johns Hopkins Facilities & Real Estate (JHFRE) provides full support services for the Johns Hopkins Homewood campus, as well as planning, design, construction, and property management for other Hopkins campuses. These records primarily include files of real estate purchases, renovations, reports, and letters, while another bulk of the records includes the files of the creation of the Shriver Hall Murals. The records range from 1937 to 1971.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Immediate sources of acquisition can be found in the relevant series-level information.
Accession: 1984.UA.018, 79.49, 2017-18.UA.010
Processed by James K. Stimpert. Updated by Annie Tang, the latter in December 2017.
- Acquisition of property
- Bowman, Isaiah, 1878-1950
- Clipper ships
- College buildings--Design and construction
- Facilities management (university function)
- Famous Beauties of Baltimore (Kroll, Leon)
- Fraser, Laura Gardin, 1889-1966
- Gilman, Daniel C. (Daniel Coit), 1831-1908
- Hutzler, Albert D., 1888-1965
- Johns Hopkins Hospital. Board of Trustees
- Johns Hopkins University. Class of 1891
- Johns Hopkins University. Department of Philosophy
- Keller, Deane, 1901-1992
- Kroll, Leon, 1884-1974
- Mahoney, J. O. (James Owen), 1907-1987
- Mural painting and decoration
- Office of the Board of Trustees
- Quandt, Charles E., 1908-1994
- Shriver, Alfred Jenkins
- Taylor, Wesley A.
- Waugh, Sidney, 1904-1963
- Welch, William Henry, 1850-1934
- Women in art
- administrative records
- letters (correspondence)
- Guide to the Johns Hopkins University facilities management records
- James K. Stimpert, Annie Tang
- December 2017
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Special Collections Repository
The Sheridan Libraries
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore MD 21218 USA