minutes (administrative records)
Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 29 Collections and/or Records:
Overview A minutebook of the court proceedings of Anne Arundel County, MD, 1725-1792.
Overview The Archaeological Institute of America, Baltimore Society was the first established, local chapter of the Archaeological Institute of America. The Baltimore Society was officially formed in 1888 by faculty of The Johns Hopkins University and other Baltimoreans who shared a scholarly interest in antiquities and classical studies. Though officially formed in 1888, minutes of the organization show that in 1886, an early iteration of the group was known as the Archaeological Society of The Johns...
Overview The records of the Baltimore Naturalists Field Club indicate that Dr. Henry Newell Martin first proposed "the desirability of forming a Field Club for the Study of Natural History of the region around Baltimore" in April 1880. The original framework was to include a President, a Secretary and Chairs of Sections who were to organize the weekly excursions and report on these in the fields of Botany, Vertebrates (Land), Invertebrates (Land), Aquatic and Marine Life, and Physical Geography and...
Overview The records of the Centennial Celebration document the activities of the Office of Centennial Planning, the Centennial Board, and committees in preparing for the various social festivities, symposia, and other commemorative events undertaken to celebrate Hopkins's hundredth anniversary in 1976.
Scope and Contents The records of the Department of Physical Education and Athletics range in date from 1889 to 2003. They are by no means complete and they document only a portion of the many activities of the Department. The record group, the files of which are arranged in alphabetical order, includes: minutes of most meetings of the Department held between 1938 and 1949, but no other minutes; programs, tickets and announcements relating to particular sporting events, including programs of lacrosse games dating...
Overview This collection consists of eight volumes containing meeting minutes, membership information, and financial accounts of the Druid Hill Permanent Building and Saving Association of Baltimore City. The association was founded in 1873. Membership was generally derived from the Baltimore small merchant and working class and later included various proprietors, mostly Jewish-American, of real estate businesses.
Overview A native of Baltimore, Gilbert V. Levin obtained his B.E. in Civil Engineering from Johns Hopkins University in 1947 and his M.S. in Sanitary Engineering in 1948, and received his Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering in 1963. He is the founder of Spherix Inc., and the principal investigator of the Mars Viking Mission Labeled Release Experiment. This collection of his papers represents Levin’s professional scientific career, including correspondence with colleagues, the pursuit of over 50...
Scope and Contents The records of the Advisory Board of the School of Engineering consist of minutes of meetings of the Advisory Board dating from March 1913 to June 1966, and are primarily complete during that period. The minutes are arranged chronologically in bound volumes and folders, with a card index accompanying them. Members of the Advisory Board in 1913 were: Joseph S. Ames, Frank Morley, [William Lorenzo?] Moss, Carl Thomas, Charles Tilden, William H. Welch, and John B. Whitehead. The committee met once...
Overview This collection includes donations from Johns Hopkins University alumni that document student life, frequently reflecting the donor's personal experience as a student at Johns Hopkins University. The collection includes photographs, letters, student notes, and other material. The collection spans the 19th and 20th centuries.
Overview On August 24, 1867, Johns Hopkins incorporated the two institutions which bear his name: Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Hospital. The original members of the Boards of Trustees for the two institutions were named in the Certificate of Incorporation. The records of the Board of Trustees span the years 1867 through 2012, although, with the exception of the bound volumes of minutes, relatively little exists for the years prior to 1925. The records document the activities of the Johns...